The NLINK® Web eXtender® provides quick and simple connectivity between web browser-based applications and the NLINK Server. The NLINK Web eXtender acts as an HTTP(S) server and can be used to create dynamic web pages that end-users can use to interact with other applications in the NLINK environment.
Many times, a company has several legacy systems that need to be integrated. Worse, data from these systems needs to be combined, manipulated and then presented to a variety of end-users with a variety of needs. These kinds of integration projects can benefit from one or more web-based front-ends that end-users interact with via a web browser. The NLINK Web eXtender allows simple web pages to be configured (no coding is required) and then served up to a normal web browser. Both static and dynamic content can be generated and the web browser then provides a simple, platform-independent means for end-users to access data in the back-end systems.
The NLINK Web eXtender offers significant advantages when needing to web-enable ERP systems and back-office systems:
- Fast to Implement. The NLINK Web eXtender is faster to implement than any other approach since it requires no programming. The NLINK Web eXtender acts as an HTTP(S) server. There is no need to connect to any third-party web server in order to create web pages.
- Easy to Change. The NLINK Web eXtender is easier to change than other approaches since it comes with an NLINK Wizard.
- Robust and Reliable. The NLINK Web eXtender is a mission critical addition to your company’s information systems. Store and Forward and Automatic Failover are just two of the built-in reliability features that are not readily available in other approaches.
- Field Proven. NLINK has been successfully field deployed for many years at many locations throughout the world.
- Expandable. Unlike other approaches, the NLINK Web eXtender is built on a full Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) product. It can be used to web-enable legacy systems, best of breed applications, custom applications and more.
- Business Rules. The NLINK Web eXtender provides more than just message delivery. All the business logic and processing required to generate dynamic web content is controlled through the NLINK Server without the need for any custom code.
- Data Combination. The NLINK Web eXtender lets you easily combine and manipulate data from multiple sources and supports long running transactions. Data from several applications can be combined and presented in an integrated fashion that is viewable from a web browser.