The NLINK® Auto-Doc Module (NADM) automatically generates flowchart-style drawings that represent the configuration of an NLINK integration project. Since these drawings are created from the NLINK configuration itself, they are always accurate and complete. The drawings are interactive, allowing the user to control how much detail is shown and which aspects of the configuration are exposed or hidden.
NLINK is an enterprise-class product suite typically used to develop sophisticated integration interfaces between complex business systems. With the NLINK Auto-Doc Module users can quickly and easily produce clearly understandable flowchart-style drawings of the business logic contained within any particular interface that non-expert users can understand.
The NLINK Auto-Doc Module can be used for a variety of purposes:
- Use the Visual Component as a Diagnostic and Customer Support Tool, as a Design Aid or as an Implementation Guide.
- Use the Hypertext Component for Knowledge Capture and Transfer, Archiving and Change Tracking or as an aid for Customer Support Troubleshooting.
The NLINK Auto-Doc Module contains the following high-level functionality:
- Provides the ability to easily and accurately produce hypertext or flowchart-style documentation of configured NLINK interfaces.
- Visual Component allows users to show successive levels of detail to avoid information overload:
- Show Action Parameters.
- Show Workset Tables and Fields.
- Show Workset Arrows denoting which Actions operate on which Workset data.
- Hypertext Component allows users to view the Interface in a variety of ways in order to support different usage models:
- View by Interface List.
- View by Event List.
- View by Message List.
- Visual Component provides a built-in Pan and Zoom window to easily navigate large, complex interfaces.
- Visual Component allows generated interface documents to be saved as Microsoft Visio files for later viewing.
- Hypertext Component generates hypertext documents that are saved for later vieweing through any standard Internet browser.